If you’re like most people, you probably fight the aging process, longing for the days of your youth. Although it’s impossible to stop getting older, you can look younger, feel better and be more active as you keep having birthdays. Thanks to a wild medicinal mushroom grown in Nepal, China and Tibet, many people are reaping the health benefits of cordyceps. If you want to look and feel younger, here’s what you need to know about the anti-aging benefits of cordyceps, along with some of its many other health advantages.
What Exactly is Cordyceps?
Also called “caterpillar mushroom”, it is a type of edible mushroom or fungus that offers several health benefits. Harvested in high mountainous regions in altitudes of at least 3,800 meters high, including the Himalayas and Tibet, cordyceps grows on the backs of caterpillars. However, it only grows during specific times of the year in areas where these particular caterpillars live. These mushrooms are exceptionally valuable to humans as they contain many compounds and chemical components that have medicinal properties.
Brief Historical Background of Cordyceps
Historically, cordyceps has been grown for more than 2,000 years in the Himalayas. Here, cordyceps was first discovered by local herdsmen who realized that they had more energy by munching on this wild mushroom. For centuries, the Chinese have used the mushroom a medicine in curing illnesses, such as heart, liver, lung and kidney diseases. Today, it continues to be used for treating a wide range of medical issues.
One of the main benefits of cordyceps is its remarkable anti-aging properties. For example, using cordyceps has proven effective for slowing down the aging process as its anti-aging compounds rejuvenate the skin. It also can get rid of dead cells and enhance the overall look of a person’s skin. This can mean having a smoother complexion and more youthful appearance.
Stronger Immune System
A stronger immune system is a huge perk of cordyceps. To boost the immune system, cordyceps speeds up the production of NK (natural killer) cells, which is your body’s most powerful defence weapon in fighting free radicals, diseases and infections.
Furthermore, cordyceps is effective in fighting immunological disorders and cancers as it has polysaccharides, modified nucleosides and cyclosporines that help lower inflammation. Additionally, it’s been found to reduce oxidative damage and restore normal fat mobilization, which is a factor in almost all types of heart disease and chronic disease.
Increased Stamina and Physical Endurance
Another benefit is that cordyceps can increase physical endurance during exercising. This is because they contain a nucleic acid known as adenosine, which is a component that’s required in making ATP, which helps during intense workouts. Thus, an athletic is able to remain active at a higher level during exercises because more ATP is produced.
Sexual Vigor and Fertility
Some people take cordyceps for enhancing their libidos and improving reproductive function. Consider that these supplements are able to help the body make better use of oxygen, besides improve blood circulation, which is critical for sexual health and fertility. In fact, many fertility doctors use cordyceps as a natural way to treat impotence and infertility.
Other Health Benefits and Considerations
- According to a study done on the advantages of cordyceps, it was found that cordyceps can prevent heart failures and heart arrhythmia. This is due to the herb’s antispasmodic anti-inflammatory components.
- A direct link has been discovered between consuming cordyceps and reducing tumour size, which means that cancers can be slowed down or put into remission.
- Cordyceps is helpful in improving respiratory function as they increase the amount of oxygen that fills the lungs. Therefore, this product is excellent for people who have chronic bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory disorders.
- Cholesterol problems can even be improved by consuming this herb.
- Besides taking it as a supplement, it can be consumed several other ways. For example, it can be used as flavouring in soups. Some people use the grounded and dehydrated fungi when brewing tea. It can be used in powders, capsules, tinctures and in liquid extracts.
- The amount to take can depend on various factors, such as a person’s overall health and age.
- Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any type of supplement or health product.
Are you interested in improving your health? Then don’t hesitate to visit Dr. Allie’s Vitality Clinics. Our main passion is empowering and inspiring busy women, especially who are in their 30s, 40s and 50s, to balance their hormones so that they can enjoy their lives and have better health. Please contact us and learn more about how we can help you.