Doctor Allie Grimston graduated as a Medical Doctor from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School (now Imperial College School of Medicine) in 1994. She was awarded honours in Gynaecology.
She obtained a BSc in Pharmacology as Applied to Medicine and an MPhil at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington. During her studies she was fortunate enough to attend conferences in Zurich and Louisville, Kentucky to present her work on Inflammation and Wound Healing to the European Microcirculation Society. She also completed an elective at Christ Church Women’s Hospital in New Zealand.
After graduating, Alison gained a unique insight into pharmacology during a 3-month placement at Pfizer, the world’s largest research-based pharmaceutical companies.
She then completed a House Officer placement in Worthing and Brighton, and followed that with a four-year rotation in Haywards Heath where she gained extensive experience working in Psychology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, General Practice, and Accident and Emergency.
She joined a General Practice in Hailsham in 1999 as a full time GP where she worked until June 2016. For a year, she was also a Governing Body member of the Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford Clinical Commissioning Group which is a GP-led membership organisation responsible for commissioning the majority of health services for local people.
In 2014, Doctor Allie Grimston launched her coaching and mentoring programs to help patients and other coaches achieve Hormone Success through a unique, combined approach that considers medical application of Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy and effective lifestyle management. She also runs courses and workshops on Adrenal Fatigue, Stress and Burnout, Thyroid Balance, and Menopause, and she is an accomplished professional speaker.
In addition to her medical degree and GP practitioner’s license, Doctor Allie Grimston also holds the following qualifications and memberships:
• General Medical Council, Registered number 4111218
• Diploma from the Faculty of Reproductive Healthcare (formerly the Faculty of Family Planning)
• Letter of confidence in Coils and Contraceptive Implants
• Shamanic Healing Course
• Diploma in Animal Healing
• Diploma in Equine Healing
• Member of the Healing Trust (formerly the Federation of Spiritual Healers)
• Member of the Healing Animals Organisation
• Member of the British Acupuncture Society
• Professional Member of the Professional Speakers Association
• Vice President of Education at Toastmasters
• Registered Practitioner with Genova Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine
• Member of the British Holistic Medical Association
• Member of the British Medical Association
• Registered Practitioner with Lamberts Nutritional Supplements
• USANA Health Sciences Associate
• Member and Speaker at the Athena Network
• Sussex Wildlife Trust
In the past, Alison has also held the following roles:
• South Downs Ranger
• Conservation Workshop Coordinator for the National Trust
- Graduated as a Medical Doctor in 1994 where she obtained honours in Gynaecology
- Undertook GP training on the Haywards Heath rotation based at the Princess Royal Hospital and Crawley Hospital with placements in paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, Accident and Emergency, and psychiatry, and in general practice in Haywards Heath and Crawley Down.
- Joined the Hailsham Medical Group in 1999 where she continues to see patients
- Launched a Coaching and Mentoring program in 2014 to help patients, GPs and other coaches achieve Hormone Success
- Joined the CCG in 2015 as the GP locality lead for Hailsham practices